The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Wednesday April 15, 2015 at 19:52
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 15, 2015 at 15:11, Ernie Gilman said...
Saw an article yesterday detailing that the Saudi oil minister argued in OPEC last November against OPEC cutting back on oil supplies. He wanted the free-fall of the price of oil to
a) remove profitability from shale oil and other high-cost oil "mining," thus making OPEC sources the attractive sources;
b) maintain and even increase OPEC's market share for the same reason, but most insidiously,
c) place the price of oil so low that alternative fuel technologies would be less attractive due to cost, causing them to fail or be scaled way back, and increasing the dependency of the entire world on OPEC oil.

A huge reduction in the price of oil looked good the next day, just as Gravity's income redistribution looks good the next day. I predict it will not be that simple, and in fact I predict onerously hard days ahead for Gravity. The company, not the law.

The fact that he "drives like an old Audi," a curious phrase that brings to mind "he drives like an old man," does not prove anything about his overall wisdom. It could mean he does not understand the ordinary person's wish to get ahead. Didn't he just make EVERY job at his company a dead-end job? When the mail clerks have been spat upon by upper management and have a horrible attitude as a result, will they leave the company to earn much less elsewhere, or will they stay there and poison the atmosphere?

Not that simple. Not at all.

I can't believe the oil pricing wasn't all over the news- they lowered the price in the '70s, to the point where it no longer paid well enough to bother drilling and then hit the US with the embargo but I guess the current batch of reporters din't know how to do a little research.

Jeez- he didn't put a couple of commas in that sentence. You should be able to figure out how that would be spoken, by now.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse