The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 9, 2015 at 02:56
rjvalenta
Long Time Member
June 2013
I'm an IT guy for a local installer, we do just enough RTI that someone has to be the RTI guy, and take the classes... but I'm not doing it enough to learn more than changing IR codes when a Blu-Ray player gets swapped out.

SO - some parts were acquired for me to use at home and learn with, in the hopes that we will sell more.

I'm trying to get the most out of what I have, and the 2-way potential. I did the volume bar via RS232 control, I made a flag for 'Mute' that pops an icon on all screens when one hits remote. I have the weather (current and forecast)...

but i'm looking for ideas.

XP6 with an XP3 slave - 2 T2C+ and a T2x.

my first thoughts - - can i make the weather forecast turn RED if there's an alert from NOAA? and if so, can i have something pop up on the screens of the remotes? could the weather driver be used to trigger a macro?

any other suggestions of cool ideas to do with this equipment?

Lutron and Surveillance will be around the corner, looking forward to lighting control and possibly alerts from activity sensed on the cameras - but for now, I'd love suggestions with this basic equipment... and help with the ideas on what can be done with weather on these smaller screen remotes (i wish they could display radar, ha).

thanks for the thoughts!

Hosting Services by ipHouse