Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday April 7, 2015 at 15:52
BlackWire Designs
September 2006
On April 7, 2015 at 13:59, Audiophiliac said...
What I am not sure about is how the processing power/speed effects the speed or "snappiness" of the UI (something that has always been a slight annoyance to me...no customer complaints though), not only on the navigator/TS UI, but the mobile apps as well (which will be effected more so probably by the mobile device processing). I realize C4 says the 800 has 4x the processing power as the 250. But does that equate to "faster" or just "more stuff"?

In my case, we are talking a single zone of AV with on screen navigator, a possibility of adding a second A/V zone without on screen navigator, 4-6 SONOS zones...(or HEOS), lighting control of 20 or less loads. A single in-wall TS, 1 single tstat. Future possibilities are 1 or 2 IP cameras, irrigation control, security integration, and garage door control. Still well within the realm of a single HC250 I think. The question is whether an 800 will make a noticeable difference in regards to the speed of the navigators.

The cost is double. I do not expect the performance to be double, but if it were 15 or 20% faster, I would probably lean towards the 800, although I foresee new hardware again within the next 3 years, and upgrading is always in the forecast anyway. So HC250 it might be for now.

i dont think youll see a huge difference if you are using the T3 TS or the mobile apps as they are running their own CPUs for the UI etc. If you were using the on screen id say its possible but even then not really. (I dont even use the on screen anymore)

PS i hope the irrigation controller is an Irrigation Caddy W1_HA :)
BlackWire Designs

Hosting Services by ipHouse