The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 6, 2015 at 13:01
nylaw
Lurking Member
April 2015
Old user new account. It's been years since I have been here and a lot has changed. I moved and in my old setup I had an AV closet so I needed the RF capability of the 6000. Since moving I have a much simpler setup all in IR range. No more amps or expensive receivers that are obsolete in a year or 2. To be honest as I was changing equipment, I stopped programming the 6000 so it worked probably half my stuff. I am just throwing that out there as this will help in keeping this or getting something newer and web programmable.

All my equipment is new so I would have to start from scratch. The remote has been packed away for close to a year. I have been just using the factory remotes but I am ready to program.

I read some threads about the $18 AR's and Daniels review of the Touch model wasn't very exciting. The Harmony Ultimate seems to have a lot of bad reviews on Amazon. What else is there? I see there is now software dedicated to the AR's so maybe that makes them better? Have users been keeping up the the 6000 equipment database?

I have a Sony STRDN850, Samsung smart TV, Samsung Blue-ray, and a Motorola Arris 3510-M cable box. Not really a lot of stuff but I do like color and touchscreen but I can be flexible on the touchscreen. One thing. I also have a first gen iPad I no longer use that could also be a dedicated remote. I assume I would need an IR blaster for this.
Thanks for all the suggestions I hope to see.

Hosting Services by ipHouse