The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday March 28, 2015 at 14:39
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On March 26, 2015 at 18:51, brucewayne said...
I would watch out with project management as a line item. I used to work for a big company and had a client who own a pro sport team and there gc made us document everything. Project management hours were a must around 40 hours at $150/hr.

But I just got a tv hang from a rival company because they add over $300 project management to switch out a tv. Client got really pissed over that and I'm there new av guy and there are planing to do a lot of work in the next 6 months.So $300 could cost you a client if you put it on a small job.

Yeah, that's a tough one. The company I was with did this, and to say it raised customer's eyebrow, would be an understatement.

I think there should be a two tier program. Hang and bangs should be pretty much devoid of any heavy duty project management fees... just sayin'...
But the big jobs of course have to have project management $$$ in there, but it can be dicey if you break it out as a seperate line item, as customers (some) may feel they are getting taken to the cleaners... Do electricians bill this way?
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse