The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 27, 2015 at 15:32
avatrx
Lurking Member
March 2015
I currently have Dish Network, but do not have the newest digital cable box. therefore my receiver box is connected to my HDTV via coax. that works fine. however - I have only one coax input on my Emerson TV. I have several HDMI inputs.

We recently installed an OTA antenna which also works fine. We are at a very high elevation in NE Illinois (IL / WI border) so receiving signals is not a problem. Again - the OTA anntenna only has a coax connection.........

Short of unscrewing one and then connecting the other - depending on which we choose to use - is there a way to set this up so that is not necessary?

If I were to connect a 'switch' box which had 2 inputs (one antenna and one dish box) and then one output to the single coax on the TV - would that work?

Would a harmony remote be able to do the switching back and forth?

OR- if I were to put a 'receiver' inline and connect via that to the TV, would that be a better solution?

thank you for any and all help.

avatrx

Which, if any, of these solutions would work the best at the lowest cost? I have not upgraded my DISH service because I'm grandfathered in to the price I have and the channels I'm receiving. plus I'm no longer in contract and don't want to sign another 2 year contract plus lose my channels......

Hosting Services by ipHouse