The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday March 26, 2015 at 21:07
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
I've done both... Big arsed Integrated systems working closely with the architect(s) and interior designers, to install the most killer stealth type installs, and done the hang and bangs.

Personally, I get more satisfaction out of the simple jobs that are one-day deals, the customers are down to earth, thrilled and smiling as they pay their bill.

I rarely got a chance to meet the "other" high-end owners, just their "owner represenatives". Not very satisfying for me, but that is just me. More often than not we had to sign non disclosure forms and pretend like we didn't know who the damn client was... Total BS (imo).

I even get a thrill out of repairing some old dude's 45 year old speakers for a few bucks, and see him light up when he sees how I refinished his cabinets, and re did the grilles, refoamed the woofers and crank them up for him. I've actually had guys get misty eyed with joy! Never happened with $400,000.00 S*V*NT systems!!! Can't put a price on that.

Sorry to rant

My customers LOVE Sonos. My clients with the six and seven figure jobs, usually were never really happy. I'll let the other guys deal with those jobs that kept me awake at night! No thanks.

When I was younger, I felt what I did for a living defined who I was as a person... Now I just do this sh*t to cover my beer fund, and pay Netflix on time!

I define myself nowadays by whom I have for friends, and my love of family and friends... not what I do or material things that I possess. It always kills me when I run into some guy I worked with years ago, and they slip in the question..."So, what are you driving these days?" I always hated that question. Judge me by my car... yeah, right! Cool. 8>)
I have a great son, brother and GF. Thats all I need. Hell even the ex wife and I are still friends, as is her new husband.

Last edited by Mr. Stanley on March 26, 2015 21:31.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse