The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday March 20, 2015 at 14:28
Jay M
Founding Member
May 2002
On March 19, 2015 at 23:08, davet2020 said...
When you do your testing is the AVR changing inputs?

I also notice the the AVR is set for IR and other devices are set for RF. Not knowing how you have the system setup this could be the problem. You are also using the front blaster. Is there a reason you are not using emmitters?

Your macro does not have a power on for the DVD and the Roku. Try inserting a home command to wake up the Roku and a play stop command for the DVD to power on.

Dave

Hi Dave,
My system right now is in the process of an upgrade with a pending room remodel.

Some devices are out of site, and they depend on the blaster.
RF is not very good in my house, so I am in no rush to put it on everything.

But now that you mention it, the only devices that work are those that are not using RF, but ir exclusively.
Example - the Tivo and Dune are new devices, and use ir. the AVR is new and it uses ir. The macro works as it should.
The Roku, and PC depend on the ir blaster via RF, but the AVR is still using ir only.

Maybe there is a bug in the remote or software that causes the macro to run in either ir only or RF only, not a combination of the two.

Once the room has been remodeled, I plan to have everything in a cabinet, and likely have everything but the TV and projector using RF. I will have the cabinet built with glass doors just in case i get a wonky device that refuses to work with RF.

thanks,
~Jay

Hosting Services by ipHouse