Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday March 15, 2015 at 20:48
FP Crazy
June 2003
The only thing you will do for the MRF260 is select the RFID, which is a wheel on the unit itself, with s small provided flat blade plastic screwdriver. You do not download into the base station.

In CCP, you will slect whcih base station you are sign and assign that same RFID in the software. And assign which components (devices) in your system will out put on which port of the MRF260.

Yes you can teach IR into remote, via the remote and the software. The remote will need to be hooked up to your PC with the USB cable and you will teach the codes with the factory remote into the MX980 (which actually imports it into CCP on the fly after each command is learned).

There is no "smartness" to CCP. It doesn't figure out anything for you like Harmony did. You have to program everything the way you want it to behave. Which is what most of us programmers prefer. I dislike it when software tries to make choices for me. I prefer to set up all my macros and programming myself...as do most of my colleagues on this forum.

Good luck, there is a bit of learning curve. I suggest you read the CCP programming manual once you get the software installed so you can follow along going back and forth between the manual and the software.

Also, you will need to solve the active sync issue for a MX980. If your PC is Windows 7, you will need to do a little research on how to get active sync installed on your PC, as I don't believe it will install from CCP. Maybe others can chime in as to the accuracy of this statement..I might be wrong. I am still using an XP machine to program all my remotes. Active Sync is required to connect to the MX980 with CCP. Alos required for a few other URC remotes (MX3000, MX5000, MX6000, MX950 are what come to mind)
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse