The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 15, 2015 at 18:33
technocar2
Lurking Member
March 2015
I'm about to purchase the MX-980 and MRF-260 but I have a couple of questions before I go ahead.

First of all I have already read the sticky so I know what I'm getting into. I also read the CCP programming manual (more like glimpsed over it).

The person I will buy the remote from is giving the software as well (so that part is covered). However, I'm buying the MRF-260 from someone else.

So my first question is what software is required to program the MRF-260? When I read the CCP programming manual it did mention the RF base station, so I'm assume it’s same software as the remote.

Second question, both MX-980 and MRF-260 use USB cables right? There is no proprietary cable? I ask this because the MRF-260 will not come with the USB cable.

Third question, I went through the files section on this website but I couldn't find some of my devices there. So is it possible to teach IR command to the CCP software kind of like how you do on the Logitech harmony remotes if you have original device remote. If not where does one get the IR codes from if they are not on this website or the software database?

My last question is probably the most important. In the harmony remotes when you select an activity the remotes turns on the devices for said activity and sets the inputs etc. But when you switch to a different activity the remote is "smart" enough to know that it must not turn off all the devices from the previous activity and only turns off the devices that are not needed in the next activity. Now I'm assuming this kind of thing can be programmed into the MX-980. Am I correct in that assumption?

BTW, I'm currently using the harmony one and my home theater has evolved so much that my harmony cannot keep up.

Hosting Services by ipHouse