The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3,204 made on Monday March 9, 2015 at 22:10
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
Ok guys. I'm almost out of ideas, so I'm hoping the great minds of this forum may have an idea as to what is causing my problem:

I have a TV upstairs and a TV downstairs with both a bell and dish receiver on each. They both have off-air inputs that allow me to record and pause OTA like the channels on the dish. And set timers too.

Up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago on all 4 receivers, the two upstairs and the two downstairs, all the prime time shows on WUTV Channel 29 come with described video. I never set up this feature.

I've reset the TV, the receivers, the stereo receiver to their factory settings and still nothing. If I use the TV off air input and bypass the receivers there's no described video. So anyone would say it's the receivers. Only problem: I never changed anything in any of the receivers. In the Bell receivers the DV option is turned off and that "voice" is still there.

My only other options are calling Bell and explaining it to them. I know that my odds of winning the lottery are better than getting someone who even knows what an off air antenna is at Bell. Or call WUTV.

I'll call channel 29 first.

Thanks for any suggestions everyone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse