The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday March 5, 2015 at 17:44
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On March 4, 2015 at 21:56, mullsey said...
Many thanks for the constructive replies. I thought this was a remote forum and not a Crestron dealers forum.

This is a remote forum, however there are a lot of Crestron dealers on this site that take pride in the work they do and have invested a lot of time and money to become successful Crestron dealers, myself included. When there are people on here asking for help we do our best to help them, but when it is an end user asking for help with software that is 100% dealer only software, we no longer feel obligated to provide help because you are now removing the chance for us to make a living.

As I live in a remote location is Australia I do not have the luxury of an abundance of crestron programmers to choose from. As it was, the programmer who did my original program did not do a particularly good job and was hugely expensive as they know they have no competition. This is why I have taken it on board to learn the system and program it myself.

That is unfortunate that your old dealer provided a not so good of job. Their price may seem high however becoming a dealer and a certified programmer is not cheap. Your dealer needs to make money somewhere and they aren't making money when they send techs/programmers to Crestron courses to become certified to program/install the Crestron equipment.

I normally get some good responses when I ask things. Sadly, it wasn't the case on this post.

From this point on you are not likely to receive any help if it is related to programming. Hardware questions you may receive a response.

Anyway, I have worked out what the problem was.

Glad you figured it out. I hope you are sleeping well at night knowing that every time you change your system yourself you are taking money away from someone who is working hard to feed their family.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse