The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday February 9, 2015 at 16:06
NEZBO
Select Member
September 2009
On February 9, 2015 at 14:38, SB Smarthomes said...
Like Mac, I usually open up the TV and install the emitter.  It probably takes 10 minutes (not 5 minutes), but it's easy to do.

I recently had Samsung service a TV under warranty that has an emitter embedded inside and also had two holes drilled in the back cover with RG59 routed through them inside the TV so I could perfectly flush mount the TV.

The TV had a failed IR board (nothing to do with the embedded emitter), and the only comment from the repair tech is that he thought it was cool and had never seen anyone go though that much trouble to do a clean install.

Many of the newer Samsungs let you stick the emitter on the back side of the protruding IR receiver which is easy.  When I do this I'll usually wire tie or velcro the emitter wire to the other wires and will often use 3M electric tape to keep the wire flat on the back of the TV until it joins up with the other wires.

I believe this is exactly what the OP was asking about. 3m tape works well. Hot Glue to hold the wire to the back of the tv with the mess of getting hot glue on the mantle, tile, carpet or somewhere else the customer might punch you in the face? bad Idea IMO.
Better days are ahead
onesourceinnovation.com
Better days are ahead

Hosting Services by ipHouse