The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Monday February 9, 2015 at 13:36
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On February 9, 2015 at 12:16, Ernie Gilman said...
The few times I've tried embedding an LED, there was no accidental hole or hole clearance that the wire could come out of, so it was necessary to cut the skinny wire and put it through a drilled hole. This is, shall we say, noticeable hacking as far as the warranty station is concerned.

The connector gets cut off anyway so you can splice the emitter or connect it to a screw terminal block on a Crestron RMC.

Every TV i have ever installed has perforated vents all across the back. Are you telling me you haven't seen anything like this?

Here in So Cal there are a couple of crafts store chains where a small hot glue gun and about a yard's worth of hot glue sticks cost around six bucks, all in a nice little plastic case. I bought three of these because I thought they might get damaged or lost; it's been five years and I'm only halfway through the first set of glue.

Same here. I bought a package of extra glue stix. I have used 1 of those spares in 2 years.

HOT GLUE is the way to go, though I'd appreciate advice from anyone who can tell me how to avoid those damned skinny hot glue 'hairs' in the first place!

Let them dry and clip them loose from the dab of glue.

...and as with so many things, saying "electrical tape" is not enough to pass on which tape is good and which is bad. First, if it has no brand and model number that you can cite, it's probably crap. Second, if it costs less than about $3 per roll, it's probably crap. I don't remember the model number, but the $4 tape from 3M is what I use; the $1.50 tape from 3M, or cheapass tape, is what I use for binding wires together for pulling. That is, it's on there for a half hour, then thrown away.

I have used tape a few times in the past and every single time i come back to the job and the tape is falling off and gooey. Some guys like it gooey i guess.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse