The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Saturday February 7, 2015 at 13:01
Herman Trivilino
Long Time Member
February 2007
On February 7, 2015 at 01:29, dcmorrow said...
Users have gotten a lot of flack for buying the URC remotes and asking for help with the software. So my main concern was that the MX-780/X-7 would be too much work. After reading the full review on the Xsight, and the lack of variables and power states, I think I may be able to take on the MX-780 comfortably. It seems we are without much choice of a simple solution. I am a decent programmer, VB, C++ etc.

Be careful about getting the software from the seller. Otherwise you end up with crippled software because you're a consumer and not a professional installer. It's this hassle that steers me away from Universal Remote Control (URC) and towards Harmony.

I have a URC MX-850 at work and I love it. But it was a hassle getting the non-crippled version of the software. You do have to be willing to do the programming yourself, something that I actually enjoy. It's like a man-conquers-machine experience for me. I'll do whatever it takes to get a remote to do my bidding.

So far I've had good luck with the Sony VL series, but I'm at a point now where I want something with more features.
Origin: Big Bang

Hosting Services by ipHouse