The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Thursday February 5, 2015 at 13:53
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On February 4, 2015 at 20:05, FunHouse Texas said...
So if they ask for it do you refuse and walk away?

Of course not. But, they have to ask, and you may be surprised how many people do not ask. Why give them an open door to do online price searches?

By listing model numbers, you are openiong the door to inspire people to compare prices. I simply give them detailed product descriptions, and let them know this is what we recommend.

A lot of integration sales people came from retaial backgrounds, and tend to sell that way. The best advice I ever received was from a former sales manager that kept instilling in us salesz-guys to divorce ourselves from the "Retail Mentality". By that he meant, don't assume the client is looking for the cheapest prices --- they are looking for solutions, quality and to be assured that what you are suggesting will work well for them, and yes they will be paying a little more for having the correct products installed and installed professionally. I'll go one further in that, we often told our clients up front, thet we may actually be more expensive than the other guys, but that you get what you pay for in terms of the end result, and quality of service and support. The majority of our clients understood this, and that curtailed their price shopping.

A lot of sales guys when suggesting equipment think from their pocket-books and not the clients pocket books (which is usually a lot healthier $$$).

If they do ask it throws up the red flag (Internet search for the cheapest price).

If they do get the model numbers, I generally am not going to waste a lot of my time with them, as they are totally cost driven and not solution driven.

A lot of our clients are too busy or are not total cheap asses, like the Best Buy / Walmart / Amazon shoppers.

In our retail store division, we have people coming in all of the time with busted stuff they bought online, and they are desperate to get it fixed vs. shipping it back to where they got it. Imagine if you purchsed a 60 inch flat screen online, or a big heavy amplifier, and they broke, and you tossed all of the packaging. What a hassle to pack and ship back to whomever, and then have to wait around forever for a replacement or repair.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse