Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday February 4, 2015 at 13:04
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Yep. Both replies above are on it. AVR manufacturers missed the boat. We will have to wait until the next model rollout from most manufacturers to get 2.2 compliance. This is ok because the Sony server is still the only 4k source available to most people. About the time we see 4k bluray players, discs, and broadcast options from DTV, Dish, and/or cable, we will have the hardware to support it.

The tough thing right now is HDMI matrix options. As far as I know zero are available today with HDCP 2.2. Leaf announced one that would be the first. Not sure it is shipping yet. I do not want to sell a $20k HDMI matrix system only to have to tell the client next year it is obsolete and they need to spend $30k to upgrade it. :) We have a couple big jobs coming up soon that we are going with local sources for the time being because of this. With wiring and plans to expand to a distribution model later, this is the easiest and cheapest way to do it IMHO. And in the long run, might be more reliable. We do not know if HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 will be an improvement or cause more headaches. I know where i would put my money. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse