The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Tuesday February 3, 2015 at 01:26
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On February 3, 2015 at 01:14, Mario said...
I don't think what you're describing is an issue at all, unless you found out that the same model/year that you initially recommended is crap. As long as model and/or production year differs, then you're in the clear.

Even then...how the heck do we know if a new product is going to be garbage until after we install it? With speakers, TV brackets, infrastructure hardware (racks and jacks and plates) we can usually continue to recommend the same products without worrying about changes to quality. With all of the electronics its a crap shoot.

I remember when we only sold Fujitsu...then our first non fujitsu job was all samsungs. That was when we found out that samsung no longer had a DB9 connector and we could never get exlink to work properly. Now exlink works just fine for serial control but at that project the ON command would not work so it was worthless and we had to go with IR. I remember when sharp would go one year with discretes and 1 year without and then back and then gone again.

Those are small issues that could be resolved but there are just as many nightmares like Phast. All we can do is do our research... try our best to spec good products. Immediately own up to any issues we discover and do our best to resolve the issue as quickly as we can for our clients. And if the manufacturer doesn't want to "make you whole" after dealing with junk product... put them on blast here at remotecentral so no one else gets burned by them.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse