Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 2, 2015 at 17:45
vwpower44
August 2004
What do you do when a brand you have sold and pushed for several years comes out with new product that is very lack luster, and you feel isn't a good fit for most of your clients? Or when a new product comes out, and there are known issues? Or when a product you sold over a 5 year period of time starts coming in for service all the time?

We usually tend to move to a different brand. I have been with our company for 20 years, and for about 75% of that time we sold only a few different brands. I feel like now we are having to shift product from one brand to another every couple of years because of design flaws, lack of discretes, service issues, build issues, etc. I feel like I can't get a manufacturer to build good quality, reliable product, with a good codeset, and great design for more than 2 years consecutively.

I feel like we are always changing the brands we sell because of these things. I know it is our duty to always sell the best, but one brand may be the best today, then the worst next year. I always feel like I am jumping ship.

I would like to thank Sonos, Sony, Peerless, and Sonance for pretty much always being good.

How do you deal with a client when you told them to buy X product because it is the best. Then next year their friend comes in and you tell him not to by product from brand x because there are better options. Then the friend tells their friend what you say. Its just not a good position, but I don't want to sell someone something I know that has issues, or there is a better option.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...

Hosting Services by ipHouse