The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Sunday February 1, 2015 at 16:58
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 1, 2015 at 12:12, 3PedalMINI said...
Maybe im the minority here but I actually rather dislike Pandora and the streaming services (other for music that I like and want to listen to) I also cannot stand Satellite Radio

I still very much listen to the radio ALL THE TIME. its how I discover new music.

My most used app on sonos is TuneIN and spotify. nothing else.

I Am actually looking at picking up a used Halo T3 tuner for my 2ch setup because of the quality of streaming radio is super poor. I regularly use the FM tuner in my Marantz AV7701

Personally I would be very sad if manufactures started removing radio's from equipment

I don't know where you are, but here, commercial radio has sucked for decades. The only two stations that play anything that's new are one college station and another one that was basically a gift to the City of Milwaukee from Peter Buffet (Warren's son, who's a musician/composer and lived here), Joe Puerta (played Bass and Guitar in Ambrosia, Bruce Hornsby & The Range, etc, is a producer and also owns a recording studio here) and a few others. Both stream, so it's convenient, but as usual, it's not high bit-rate and the sound sucks. I yanked the plug on XM after they merged with Sirius because they removed the station I listened to the most and because the Sirius sound is terrible.

Another problem with radio had to do with VTuner- Denon's receivers didn't have the ability to turn that off and when the server had problems, it sounded like a skipping CD. Nobody, including Jeff Cowan (Denon) had a good answer until the next year's models came out and they problem was "fixed".

I have had some great old tuners, but the separate one I have now isn't particularly good and it would work better if it was farther from the antenna farm about 1/2 mile from my house. I'm planning to buy a Parasound preamp and power amp but I haven't decided what to do about radio, if anything. I don't need a sensitive tuner, I need a selective one and they no longer make those.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse