The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Tuesday January 27, 2015 at 03:41
jdh
Founding Member
October 2001
And URC wonder why consumers go and buy a harmony or other brand that provides the software to the consumer. Who am I to compain if it is their business model. I own an MX-350, MX-500, MX-850 and MX-3000 and was given the software with the sale.

I'm an electrical engineer that has been programming these remotes plus other systems far more complicated than a remote for years. I don't need to pay someone plus the added hassel dealing with them to program something I could already do far better.

If I end up loosing the programming software I'll simply move onto some other device.

JDH

On November 1, 2013 at 12:53, Lowhz said...
|
|
|
|

Because it's free doesn't mean anything. This site does not host URC editor software. If they did a simple DMCA takedown notice would be complied with and it would be gone.

3. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
3.1 This EUA does not transfer to End User or any other person or entity any right, title or interest in and to the URC Software or URC Documentation, except as to the limited license right of End User to use such as expressly provided for by this EUA.

3.2 End User shall not use the URC Software or URC Documentation, except expressly designated under this EUA.

3.3 End User shall not copy, reproduce or transmit the URC Software or URC Documentation in any form

3.4 End User may not, directly or indirectly: (a) sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, allow access to or otherwise make available, the URC Software or URC Documentation to any entity or person; (b) make modifications to, or generate any derivative work or computer program from, the URC Software or the URC Documentation, (c) distribute, charge or receive any fee for access or use of the URC Software or URC Documentation; or (d) copy, reverse engineer, reverse compile, disassemble, decompile or otherwise manipulate/convert, develop a modified or derivative of the URC Software or URC Documentation or attempt to derive information from such.

3.5 Use of the URC Software and URC Documentation by End User is limited to the initially installed URC Equipment and URC reserves the right to limit the use of the URC Software by device.

Hosting Services by ipHouse