The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday January 20, 2015 at 22:24
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
Yes...remote in standalone mode and the Crestron trigger codes force the 433 triggers that Crestron is looking for.

The big bummer is that you cannot use any other feature of the remote (no flags, no graphic variables, etc...) on a button that has a Crestron trigger code on it. They did not design the firmware to allow these features once the trigger code is dropped on a button. It does not sound like they have much interest in doing this in the future. I imagine they see it as competition. I personally see it as opportunity because despite loving Crestron, I feel their RF remote solutions always fall short. They always seem to be designed by geeks for geeks and the general public is never too comfortable with them no matter how they are programmed. I sell RTI as well but I would sell their remotes on every Crestron job as well. The only remote that works well for the application is the T1B since the graphics are not in play and feedback scenarios are not in play for the most part.

I know you can do processor to processor communications between Crestron and RTI but what a cluster f*#k of wasteful programming that is... just because you can does not mean you should!

Hosting Services by ipHouse