Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday January 20, 2015 at 00:29
Lowhz
April 2012
On January 19, 2015 at 23:10, kgossen said...
Sorry, but I've never had to add a second emitter to a device. Not saying anything about God, but just was always able to find a much better solution. I guess I've just been lucky in never running into a situation where 2 were needed. I have had many where I was able to remove the second emitter and make the system much more reliable.

I guess I was just able to convince the customer on how to do it properly. Maybe my upgrade skills are better than yours??? (If you've ever put 2 emitters on 1 device, I guess they must be)

I don't think you've ever posted a helpful reply, rather just reiterated you're an arrogant dick. Have fun being a "pro".

I could tell the guy to get an MRX2 and iOS license and hook his existing RFX250 and IR flashers to the new base, but then he'd want a copy of CCP to program his ipad. I could tell the guy to take the IR output of the Global Cache piece and connect it to the IR input on the MRF350 and hope that it works like a 789-44, which it doesn't really. I could tell the guy to put in his secondary, non-URC control system, which doesn't gain him any advantage over what he's doing now, rip off his working IR flashers, install some 282TPDs and only have one emitter stuck on the DVD player.

Or, he can play around with his Roomie, realize that cradling the iPad like a baby to use it as a remote with simple IR output sucks and not mess up his already working 880/350 system.

Which is more "pro"? You weren't going to sell the OP anything, you weren't going to enlighten his system and until I proffered a reasonable solution you weren't going to reply to this thread.

I'm a rep, distributor and consultant. I don't crawl through rat shit pulling wire and take phone calls on a Sunday night because someone's cable box doesn't turn on anymore. I get questions all day long on how to solve some electronic problem and I take money from the integrators to give them the solutions. I have two college degrees to fall back on and do this because I enjoy the industry. So who are you going to call "pro" now?

Hosting Services by ipHouse