Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 17, 2015 at 00:23
boiseboy
Long Time Member
July 2004
To whomever can help

I have owned a MX700 for a tad over 10 years. The screen is failing thus the interest in 'updating' the remote. Unfortunately, URC does not have a comparable remote. (Yes, the MX450 would have been awesome if it communicated with the old remote - and if the screen had't started to show blips along the edges before I had a chance to program it) Nonetheless, I have a working set up in the Mediator for the MX700. And I found a MX800 for sale. So before I buy the new and improved MX800, can I be sure the MX800 will communicate with the MX700 editor? Because I can not find the MX800 editor to download. I understand the files are interchangeable: per the review of the MX800:
"Of note, MX-700 and MX-800 files can be cross-loaded between both editor versions, so file compatibility is not an issue."

But that does not mean the MX800 can receive the download from the MX700 editor.

BTW: It is a drag maintaining a Windows laptop among the Mac's my house now uses. But honestly the 10 yo URC remote is better than all the Logitech stuff I have tried.

Thanks
David

Hosting Services by ipHouse