Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 9, 2015 at 11:57
SOI
Long Time Member
January 2012
Fellow Integrators,

HELP. ON SITE

I am onsite today in Arkansas with an issue with the Solocat HD w/ ARC.
     At least I think it is an issue with the Solocat HD. I am losing picture for 2-8 seconds at a time periodically (from every minute to once in an hour)(seems to get worse the longer the system is on) across all of my sources. I still get audio out of the AVR so that tells me the problem is not in the Source-AVR link but in the AVR-Display link.
     Here is my setup:
  • Sources:
    • DirecTV Genie DVR on 6ft Binary HDMI set to output only 1080P with HDMI Control OFF
    • Wirepath 9Channel CCTV DVR on 6ft Binary HDMI unknown output Resolution but the TV tells me 1280x1024
    • Sony BDP-S5200 on 3ft Binary HDMI to the first Zektor Solocat HD Transmitter to the 110ft unshielded Cat6 in T-568B to the first Zektor Solocat HD Receiver on 3ft Binary HDMI set to output 1080P with HDMI Control OFF
  • AVR:
    • Yamaha RX-A740 on 3ft Binary HDMI to the second Zektor Solocat HD Transmitter to the 120ft unshielded Cat6 in T-568B to the second Zektor Solocat HD Receiver on 3ft Binary HDMI set to Auto Resolution
  • Display:
    • Sharp LC-90LE657U TV  input HDMI1 with Aquos Link turned OFF and HDMI Control OFF
  • Troubleshooting steps taken:
    • Sources, AVR, and Display have all been checked for firmware updates today and are current.
    • I have tried switching output resolutions to 720P and issue persists.
    • I have tried switching inputs on the AVR and the Display and issue persists.
    • I have tried retipping the Cat6 connections and confirmed continuity across 8 pins.
    • (I don't have access to a cable certifier so I don't know what bandwidth I am capable of). 
    • I have tried a different monitor at the display side and the issue occurs on the 19in little TV as well.
    • I have called Jeff and Zonn at Zektor for help but I couldn't get through (very strange).
  • Troubleshooting steps proposed:
    • I have not run a temporary Cat6 from the AVR to the display. This would require a wire run of 220-240ft. I just don't have the wire on me today.
    • I have not Factory defaulted everything and started from scratch, Really don't like this step and want to try everything else first.
Any help in the next 4 hours would be GREATLY appreciated. Any help at all will still be appreciated but I would have to come back to try it out. Thanks in advance for reading through this wall of text and giving me a shot at a solution

Last edited by SOI on January 9, 2015 15:01.

Hosting Services by ipHouse