The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 63 made on Tuesday December 30, 2014 at 10:34
KeithDBrown
Long Time Member
December 2013
I recently switch from a lifetime of PC ownership to Mac and I don't see myself going back. I still like my Win7 desktop, but the user experience with the MBP is pretty phenomenal. I don't do any gaming, so I can't speak to that aspect, and I am at a point now where I don't really want to be digging around in my computer, so the lack of user-serviceability isn't bugging me as much as I thought it might.

Things I enjoy:
  • Battery Life - Simply amazing
  • No anti-virus program slowing things down
  • The hardware (case, keyboard and trackpad)
  • OSX feels "lighter" than Win7, and great for basic browsing, email, word processing, and photo processing
  • Finder - Used to hate it, now I really enjoy it
  • Parallels - Win7 works great, with only a few issues 
Things I dislike:
  • Cannot get MX900 to connect in Parallels, which means I need to get Windows installed in bootcamp to service random older jobs
  • User-serviceability - Not as big of a deal as I thought, but still frustrating
All-in-all I am happy. These things seem to outperform their specs. Not sure if that is because Apple is specifying the hardware and software and optimizes them to work together, but it just works. Right now, that is what I am after, I don't want to tinker or upgrade, I just want it to work for me, and it does.

Sidenote: My wife has a 2012 MBP, and at one point she went 7 months without shutting it down because she couldn't remember where she had put her new InDesign license and didn't want to be logged out of the trial she was using at the time. At the end of 7 months she ended up letting the battery die causing the computer to restart. It was still running just fine. Outside of servers I have never had a Windows machine, especially a laptop, do anything like that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse