Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday December 19, 2014 at 10:49
sirroundsound
November 2003
In the end all this will do is create a big surge in people finding ways to steal the signals again. Or someone will start grey marketing the US sat systems again.

For the tech savvy, the internet will come up with even more ways to watch your favorite shows. Boxes like Apple TV and Roku will lead the way.

Netflix has an opportunity to grow even bigger.

No one said they don't want to pay anything (although it is nice) we just don't want to be forced to pay stupid money to receive a bunch of channels we never watch, just so we can get the couple we do.

Why do I need 6 different feeds of global TV? We don't need to time shift, we have PVR's to record shows.
How many different channels show Big Bang Theory at 8pm Thursday nights? I only need 1, the one that is relevant to my area.

Commercials are supposed to pay for the content they support, I should only be paying something for the cost to deliver the content (with a very small portion for profit)

The only things I should be required to pay premiums for would be commercial free channels like HBO etc.

Think Satellite radio, I pay a small monthly fee for access to 100's of stations, most are commercial free and I can choose to listen to any genre of music I like or to specialty stations with comedy or news etc.
Netflix, 1 low monthly fee and I can watch movies and TV shows (series) that I want, when I want.
Both Neflix and Sirius have costs to doing business, and they charge accordingly.
Satellite and Cable will probably have much higher costs per subscriber, but it sure feels like they charge excessively.

Hosting Services by ipHouse