OK! I'm 90% there, I've got the remote programmed so that it works like the Vizio remote more or less. The Red = HDMI1, Green = HDMI2, and Orange = HDMI3! For others who may be as dense as I am, I'll re-list my steps to this point.
1. Press Setup until 2 blinks
2. Press TV - This button blinks once as you push it.
3. Enter 994 - It will blink once for 9, then 9, and twice for 4.
4. Press Setup
5. Enter the EFC 00193 (HDMI1) - enter 00193*
6. Press RED Button
7. You get 2 blinks
To also program HDMI2 and/or HDMI3 with a single press of a dedicated color buttons, follow the seven steps above with the codes below, repeat ALL seven (7) steps for each HDMI assignment:
Green Button for HDMI2 use 00191
Orange Button for HDMI3 use 00195
* HDMI1 is linked to my Google Chromecast, pressing RED button now brings up the Chromecast Home Screen.
Now, the only missing step is how to get the channel to change in TV/00195/HDMI3 mode. What happens right now is it switches the TV channel, NOT the Xfinity STB. So a "no signal" blue screen appears. If I can get your advice on how to do _that_ (get the channel selection working), be able to either use the Channel Up/Down (+/-) and/or use the numeric keypad to select say 901 for MSNBC or whatever... that would be near perfect.
Last edited by DrGrafix on December 5, 2014 18:10.