The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday December 1, 2014 at 22:07
yaretiree
Long Time Member
April 2006
Just an FYI to help other newbies like me. I downloaded IRPanels (CCF Panels) which I had a hard time finding (couldn't find makehex for a long time either).

I generated some codes using makehex for a Vizio TV and pasted them into IRPanels and then produced a CCF file.  (NOTE: I initially only pasted the two codes I was interested in and IRPanels said there was an error.  I then pasted all the generated codes and IRPanels generated a CCF file without error).

I could not see how to direct IRPanels to generate the CCF file into a particular directory.  I was only able to find the generated file by doing a search for "*.ccf" and found one in a very obscure "App Data" location.  (I'm on Win 7 64-bit).

When I read the .ccf file in my MX-800 editor's Universal Browser I got a "File reading error (LM)" and thought I was screwed until reading this post.  I clicked O.K. three times and found that the codes I wanted were in fact there and worked.

The interesting thing is that every time I use the MX-800 editor to bring up the saved .mxf file with the learned codes I get the "File reading error (LM)" three times.

Not sure if there is a better IRPanels or if I just need to live with the error messages.

Hope this is use to someone.

Last edited by yaretiree on December 12, 2014 15:46.

Hosting Services by ipHouse