Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 21, 2014 at 21:03
macintosh1097
Lurking Member
November 2014
Hi all,

I'm a newbie both to this forum and RS-232. I want to buy an HDMI 4x4 Matrix to put all of my AV equipment in one room. I can't seem to find any additional remotes for the matrix and it only comes with one, which would obviously be a problem when trying to control it from different rooms. I wanted to know if it were possible to put an 8 button keypad in each room and wire them together so that each keypad is a specific output and each button on each keypad is an input. This way, I won't need to worry about remotes and just control the matrix from the keypads. Another reason why i wanted to use the keypads via RS-232 is so that I would use two matrices together. The first output of the secondary matrix would be connected to the fourth input of the first one. This would lower my connectivity to 7x7, which is more than 4x4. I can't just buy an 8x8 since I simply can't afford one. So if I wanted to watch a source connected to the secondary matrix on an output connected to the first, say input 7, hitting 7 on the keypad would change the input on the secondary matrix to 8, the output on the secondary one to 5, the input on the first one to four, and then the output on the first one ( Inputs 1-4 are on the first matrix where 4 is the input from the output of the second matrix. Since 4 isn't an actual media source input 4 on the keypad would really be input 5 where 5-8 are the inputs on the secondary matrix.) I know it's confusing, I had to draw it all out myself, but I believe it will work as long as RS-232 is capable of doing this.

Thanks,
macintosh1097

Hosting Services by ipHouse