The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday November 15, 2014 at 22:19
SMcKinstall
Long Time Member
January 2007
Yes Dave, I've been "doing this" since '06, but you'd have to define "this". After 11 years of a 5,000sf mobile electronics retail space, employees, and the burden of overhead, I've come to the conclusion I'd be better off as a one-man shop. Continuing the work with local Police and Sheriff's depts has be VERY profitable for me - in fact, I make WAY more working with 40+ departments than I did with hundreds of customers walking into our store on a daily basis. And besides, it's semi-residual (Those cops are retiring old squad cars every year). I've dabbled in Home Electronics and have only made a weak attempt to penetrate the market over the past years. So my experience with this side of electronics is limited. I wish I would have had the opportunity to work under someone before venturing off on my own. Nothing beats on-the-job experience and it shows in my lack of knowledge in something like this.

Ernie - Fred would know that "Mr Brewster" is my rep at his place of employment. Not from Key Digital. Sorry that I didn't explain that; it was kind of an inside joke.

Anybody want an apprentice for a month where I can see how the big boys do it? :) Maybe you can take me under your wing Dave.

Hosting Services by ipHouse