Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday November 15, 2014 at 20:38
davenport
October 2006
On November 13, 2014 at 18:27, brucewayne said...
The job was t&m but the client had a budget and only wanted pay up to a certain price .

Ernie the techs are paid by the hour and are paid the same if there At the shop or out in the field.

Basically the techs feel if they go over budget They will catch heat but If they leave And little things like soMe wires have labels written with a sharpie instead of the P-touch in the rack They will get in trouble.

The bigger issue here is that you're working T&M rather than with a specific contract and expecting to be paid extra for time without a change order. Hopefully the Norwalk that you're referring to is outside CA since you're not even allowed to operate T&M above $500.

I almost always work beyond the hours that I estimate since I base the time on how fast I could complete the job, rather than how I prefer to operate, which is carefully at a high standard. Working 39 hours rather than 35 is not a big deal and should just be accounted for on the next estimate if an ongoing issue rather than a learning curve of the installer.

I'd rather have techs at a project working on that final 5% that is often overlooked than being in a shop.

Hosting Services by ipHouse