The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday November 13, 2014 at 09:48
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 13, 2014 at 08:21, bluesmaker said...
In times of war every one in the military knows the risk of life and equipment. This is the price they are willing to pay to protect their country and their families from foreign aggression. This is what makes them special.

In the case of the sacrifice faced by the Wild Weasels, the command could either take the chance of losing a B-52 worth millions more than the dated F-105 and most importantly a crew of 8 to 11 on the B-52 versus the 2 crew members of the F-105. Our armed forces commanders from Valley Forge through todays conflicts have had to make hard decisions to complete the mission at hand. I can assure you no harder command is given than to send troops into harms way. We are all brothers in arms no matter which branch we served in and understand the sacrifice we have to make to keep freedom in this country so that even people that have different opinions than ours have the right to have and voice those opinions. In my opinion, the brotherhood stops at any politician that has never served in the military and tries to make military decisions with their power in office with absolutely NO military experience.

Freedom is not free. It is being paid for by these brave people who know the risk. Take a look at the news tonight and consider what the USA would be like if Americans were not brave enough to put lives on the line for everyone in the country, from the homeless heroin addict to the wealthiest business owners. Civilians need to step up and make sacrifices in their own cities and neighborhoods to stop the robberies and street crime, etc., rather than ignore things they see and hide from the reality that is developing in our country.

Off my soap box now. This was not a direct negative response to highfigh or any other person here. Even if you were not military, you are still out there busting your asses to make this a better and productive country and not sitting around on welfare sucking on the Government tit.

Thanks to you civilians for supporting our troops.

I agree completely and meant no disrespect to the Military, just to those in government who lead from an ivory tower and justifying many of their decisions through "risk management". It's called 'service' for a reason and the way the VA has been allowed to treat veterans (through lack of funding and dishonesty in leadership) is disgusting. I don't remember hearing a lot of veterans complain about what they did, although some suffer serious loss that's invisible. I worked for someone who was in the 7th Cav, in Vietnam. He didn't talk much about it, but had definite anger issues. He would talk about it with others who were there, like customers and sales reps- one of whom was sent there in '62, one of the first Americans involved. My dad would never pass anyone in uniform if they were walking along a road without asking if they needed a lift and that's something I have continued.

We have too many people sitting back and expecting someone else to fix the problems we have, in the US. The vast majority of these problems should never exist and could easily disappear, if people would only make the effort or the right decisions.

Thanks again.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse