The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday November 12, 2014 at 23:25
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 12, 2014 at 22:09, brucewayne said...
Some of techs at my job were talking about how they will be on a job and let's say 35 hours were budgeted for the job. The 35th comes around 3pm if the tech stay till 5 and make sure everthing is perfect they will have spent 39 hours on the job. Now the techs didn't have any jobs in the area and would end up going back to the shop and those 4 hours 2 hours per tech . Were not billed out . Is there a hidden cost or reason to have the tech come back to the shop instead of stay at the job and make sure things are perfect.

I'm asking because I'm not an owner and might be missing something . But if we didn't get paid for those 2 tech for the last 2 hours of the day wouldn't it be better to have them work in the field instead of at the shop.

Personally, if a job isn't done and there's still time in the typical work day that could be used to finish it, I would never leave and make it necessary to explain why someone has to go back for the same number of hours, especially when travel is billed for. To a client, that looks like the bill is being padded. They do pay attention to this kind of thing, as much as they act like they aren't and we don't believe they are. Obviously, many are completely oblivious to it, but it's a conversation I prefer to avoid.

From where we are, it's hard to know why someone would leave- is the job being billed on a firm quote, is it an estimate that has some wiggle room for extras, is it T&M?

If I had employees that returned to the office/shop rather than finish the job, they'd have some splainin' to do.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse