The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday November 10, 2014 at 23:06
bub
Long Time Member
March 2004
On November 10, 2014 at 08:48, JoeFlabitz said...
Doesn't the sound bar have an auto shut off when it's not seeing signal?

Not sure how that affects a macro not working, but no it does not shut off when no signal is present. It has an on/off function like everything else.

So, you are thinking some feature/function of the sound bar is why the macro doesn't work?

Ok, here is what I do. If I turn the sound bar off with the remote, it turns off. If I create a macro that only has one function, to cycle the sound bar on/off, and press the button to activate the macro, the sound bar does nothing. If I hit the power button for the sound bar, it turns off. If I hit it again, it turns on. If I hit the macro button, nothing happens. If I hit the power button, it turns off. If I hit the macro button, nothing happens. If I hit the power button, it turns back on.

The macro just recreates the steps to get to the button that toggles the sound bar on/off. I follow the exact same steps to get to the on/off toggle manually. Steps >page up > select sound bar button > hit on/off button. That is also the steps in the macro. Why does the on/off button toggle the power when pressed, but when the exact same three steps are used to create a macro, nothing happens?

Also, as to the Harmony remote database;
I purchased a used 890 and accessed the Harmony database. Too bad you can't access the database without a remote.

There were only three usable discrete codes (that I didn't already have) for my 11 pieces of electronics, a direct input discrete code for my Sharp TV (didn't have discrete on/off though), a discrete on/off code for my Toshiba Xa2 HD-DVD player and a discrete on/off code for my Panasonic BluRay player.

Was nice to get those three discrete codes but had hoped for a bunch more. Oh well, anybody want a good used 890? Has the RF unit and a couple of flashers, manual and charge cradle. Held a full charge for a couple of days now with minimal use.

Appreciate all the help fellas, thank you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse