Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday November 1, 2014 at 05:37
mruesch
Lurking Member
January 2011
Thanks for the reply Lyndel McGee

I was trying to not go too much into my setup (too complicated) but guess I should give a bit more information on it. All my components are together in the same location. I have 4 Sony DVP-CX995V DVD players, 2 Pioneer DV-F727 DVD players and 2 Pioneer DV-F07 DVD players (the F727s are slaved to the F07s). So for the DVD players I need 2 isolated IR outputs to control them. I also have 3 video switches that are the same so that adds another for 3 isolated IR outputs.

I'm writing a program to pick a DVD with (via a computer with a TV output) and then have it switch to the right player and start the DVD. Kind of a Tivo style menu for watching my DVDs. I have a Tira that can read IR inputs and (very sweetly) can send IR out using Pronto hex codes. But to maintain the 3 isolated IR outputs I'll have to use relays. And hoping with the use of diodes to the outputs from the RFX6000s and the Tira (and two locationfree players but makes it too complex to explain here) to use the same IR emitters for both of them.

If I could send RF right from the computer to the 3 RFX6000s it would greatly reduce the complexity of my wiring. (though I have no out from using relays for the Locationfree players).

My setup has 6 zones 2 of them shared with a Locationfree player. Four 8x3 matrix switches, 3 video switches and 4 receivers. With a TSU3000 for each zone.

I have looked at some 418MHz transmitters and receivers made for the Arduino but don't know if they would work with a RFX6000, or even how I would hook one up to a windows PC. Most of them talk about the baud rates as if being used like a com port which makes me think they can't be used for talking to a RFX6000.

I do know it's almost for sure I'm going to have to go the wired way but thought I might as well give you guys a try. I'm no guru at this stuff.

Hosting Services by ipHouse