The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday October 31, 2014 at 17:47
CCDGuy
Long Time Member
November 2007
I have been using the 9400 to control my complex 4 room system for years now and just tried the Harmony Ultimate (for the past two days) to use as a second remote to leave in one of the upstairs rooms.

After two days of total annoyance with it's dumbed down and inflexible setup, I have UPS picking the stupid POS Harmony up this afternoon to return to Amazon. Comparing the Harmony to the Pronto is like comparing a tablet to a PC. The tablet is more modern, it works for basic tasks, but it hard to use for anything the least bit sophisticated or complex.

I also went on eBay this morning and ordered another used 9400 as a backup since research here and elsewhere has convinced me that one has three choices these days for complex AV setups:

1) Use something dumbed down like the Harmony or tablet/phone apps
2) Buy from a high end dealer and pay thru the nose every time you need a minor change done
3) Buy a used Pronto

For me, option one is too limiting and annoying, option two is not only against my principals it is totally impractical as we live hours from the nearest dealer/installer. That leaves option three.

They will have to pry the Pronto out of one hand while they pry the gun out of my other! There is literally nothing like it at this time.
For every complex problem there is an answer
that is clear, simple, and wrong.
H. L. Mencken

Hosting Services by ipHouse