Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 23, 2014 at 13:31
kwkshift
February 2004
I was wanting to rip all of my DVD's and Blurays into a library for easy access. Currently I have all of my music in my office computer and any time I get new CD's, I just add them to iTunes.

I have an Apple TV (3rd gen) in my family room system which is our only TV in the house. I also have Sonos through out the house for music. We have a mix of PC and Apple devices in the house. My office computer is a Vista machine, (don't laugh, it's a Sony all-in-one that has been pretty good. I could upgrade it to Win7 Pro but I would have to add more memory).

1) What software are you guys using for ripping CD's?
2) I want to move all my music from my PC just in case something happens and the computer dies one day. I'd also like to have a spot where all my movies would be located. Would a server with Plex be the way to go or something else like a networked hard drive?
3) What would be a slick way to run a media server? I was thinking about a mac mini or something. ??

I don't need/want anything crazy. Just simple to setup and use. Something that I could even sell to my customers for their libraries, if they wanted.

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse