Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Tuesday September 23, 2014 at 11:53
bennettavi
August 2003
On September 22, 2014 at 20:17, brucewayne said...
What is a fair commission for a non salesman who sells a job? And we are not talking about a hang and bang... These jobs are north of 100k. And what kind of written guidelines would you have for them? For example, no commission under 10k and commission paid half at start and half paid at final payment.

You're obviously talking about a multi-million dollar company if techs are slinging $100K jobs. JOBS - plural. That's almost unbelievable. My techs sell additional speakers, an extra remote, or the occassional security system with monitoriing - but NEVER $100,000 Plus projects.
Who will design and project manage the $100k job? How about collecting project draws and attending the contractors meetings? What about ordering all of the equipment and scheduling?

If the non-salesman is going to take care of all of this - I'd say that a "normal" commission rate of that particular company is in order. Otherwise, a nice referral bonus is probably more likely.
Also, commissions should be paid out once the final check is collected and customer has possession of equipment. In some cases where the jobs go months and months before finishing, commission percentages off the draws should be used. Of course, all of this is my opinion.

Hosting Services by ipHouse