The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday September 22, 2014 at 20:47
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Why do you need a replacement fuseholder? Did someone smack the old one with a hammer? The cap is missing? Something else? The actual solution might vary depending on the actual situation.

On September 22, 2014 at 17:03, jcmitch said...
[IMG][/IMG]

So, you need the screw in cap for the fuse holder on the right hand side of this image? (Item # 40)

Right, it's #38. The fuse description is the starting point for this. The description of #38 says 5x20mm, which I think is a GMA fuse.

Locate an electronic parts supply house. There used to be more than there are now, but there must be one within driving distance. Or this is the time to lean on the friendship you have with a repair company.

Take the unit in, carefully slap it down on their glass counter, and tell them you need THIS fuseholder. Point. Remove the cap, if you have it. Be ready for them to ask you why you need a new one.

I recently had to replace the cap on a GMA fuseholder on a 110 to 220V converter, and I thought no problem -- I got another fuseholder that looked the same, then went to screw it on -- it didn't fit. I need to take out the old fuseholder and put the new one in. You can't count on fuseholders that look the same to be the same.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse