The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 54 made on Friday September 12, 2014 at 21:50
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 11, 2014 at 01:06, Ernie Gilman said...
I never heard of the 83.

Another topic is that I've had a small bag of voltage regulator tubes that I've been carrying around for THIRTY years thinking it would be so cool to put them in line on a narrow chassis and mount them on the wall. They aren't all the same color, and adjusting the current can slightly change the color, but they are all a very subtle shade in the purplish or pinkish range. Some of those are octal and some are 7-pin glass... would that be septal?

I had a summer job in 1967, I think, disassembling equipment. The age of the equipment was: military equipment... used... taken out of service... sold as surplus... physics department at UCRiverside used it... repaired it... took it out of service... one or two years later they gave it to me to take apart and keep whatever I felt might be usable.

I saw fantastic construction because lives depended on everything operating right and being serviceable. Every installation I do is a poor imitation of what I saw that summer. And nixie tubes, Philbrick amplifiers, just all sorts of stuff.

What do you plan to do with the tubes? I might be interested in any 5Y3, 5AR4/GZ34, 5V4, 5R4 or 5U4. If you have old 5881, 6L6, EL34, 6CA7 or 6550, I might be interested in those, too.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse