The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Friday September 12, 2014 at 21:47
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 12, 2014 at 13:12, Hi-FiGuy said...
I was at an audio society event and they were playing some "male vocal" vinyl on a Audio Research / Wilson Audio /VPI system. I was listening as I was walking around the room and thought the music sounded a little odd but didn't pay it much attention as I am SO SICK of music that you never hear or would never play but it makes that system sound "Magical" crap.
So in walks one of the shops guys and says, "Um guys you do know that is a female singing" and proceed to flip the belt to 45 RPM.
They were all speechless as they all were huddled together critiquing the system moments before!
And these guy want to argue about filters, weighting, curves and speakers cables!
Jeezus H.

Speaking of slowed down, check this out-

I can't stand people who listen to the equipment, rather than the music. A former rep didn't respond to my comments about crazy cables and power cords, but one day, he commented on the new power cables for his Mark Levinson power amps- he said they used to take over 2 hours to warm up but with the new ones, it only took about 20 minutes. He also has his speaker cables, which are really heavily insulated, on what look like glass insulators from the lines near railroad tracks.

DOH!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse