Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Friday September 12, 2014 at 13:12
Hi-FiGuy
January 2004
On September 10, 2014 at 21:00, highfigh said...
The owner of the store where I workewomant to CES in Vegas (I think it was the first year after it left Chicago) and came back with a Mannheim Steamroller album. Someone played it and the bass was astounding, high end was very nice, but not terribly bright. After about a week, I decided to play it and looked at the label. They all had been playing it at 33-1/3 RPM, when it was supposed to be at 45 RPM. It sometimes helps to read the label.

We all liked it more when played at 33-1/3, so that's what we did.

I was at an audio society event and they were playing some "male vocal" vinyl on a Audio Research / Wilson Audio /VPI system. I was listening as I was walking around the room and thought the music sounded a little odd but didn't pay it much attention as I am SO SICK of music that you never hear or would never play but it makes that system sound "Magical" crap.
So in walks one of the shops guys and says, "Um guys you do know that is a female singing" and proceed to flip the belt to 45 RPM.
They were all speechless as they all were huddled together critiquing the system moments before!
And these guy want to argue about filters, weighting, curves and speakers cables!
Jeezus H.

Last edited by Hi-FiGuy on September 12, 2014 13:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse