The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 10, 2014 at 21:10
mattress
Lurking Member
September 2014
Hello! I am a complete newbie to remote controls.

I have a Sharp XL-UH242 mini system that the remote was lost to. Unfortunately, most of the controls for this system are on the remote only, and have no physical buttons on the actual system itself.

I dug out my old radioshack remote thinking I could program it to control the system, but none of the codes in the manual seem to work with it. Also, it's supposed to be upgradable over the phone some how, but seems the 1-800 number has been disconnected.

I have a Harmony One remote I was able to program to use most of the functions correctly, but don't want to use this remote for this device. My radioshack kameleon remote is supposed to be a "learning" remote, and I had the intention of teaching the correct buttons to this remote from the Harmony.

Hold "P" 3 seconds, 9-7-5, select device, then select key. But for some reason, this remote will not go into learning mode. I get what appears to be 1 long blink after dialing 9-7-5.

I found the JP1 lookup tool, but don't know what any of it means. I understand this is a JP1 remote, but the headers need to be soldered into the board, and I would have to create a cable for it, if this is needed.

I also have a spare comcast red button remote I could donate to this project if needed.

Thanks for any tips

Hosting Services by ipHouse