Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 8, 2014 at 13:59
netarc
May 2004
We've a quandary re: best method to address this use case with an XP6 & RTIPanel; would appreciate any advise/tips?
- four audio zones on 1st floor; two zones on 2nd floor (RTI AD8x)
- four sources: Sonos 1, Sonos 2, Airplay (airport express), Cable TV

Use case: when a zone on one floor changes source; [u]all other zones on that floor should change to the same source[/u]. Challenge is that this needs to be accomplished whether the zone is on or off; if zone is off, it should power on with the "active source" for that floor. Can't just change the source for all zones simultaneously, as an OFF zone receiving a source select would power on when it wasn't asked to.

If fewer sources, I thought using FLAGs for each floor's source (set = SONOS 1 or 2, clear = AIRPLAY); however, with four sources this method wouldn’t work. I do wish RTI variables had more options than set/clear, would be fab to have TRUE variable support! (e.g., SourceFirstFloor = "SONOS1" or "AIRPLAY", etc).

Then I though perhaps an event-based item, where “on RTI source selection change” do set all that floor's sources, but this'd require an event trigger for EACH zone, and doesn't address the issue of a zone powering on when unasked for by issuing it a source select command.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse