The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Thursday August 21, 2014 at 10:44
PHSJason
Advanced Member
December 2002
Sorry to dredge this up, but it felt better than a new thread.
First of all, Thanks for the advice and info. Lights can be one of those things where spend a little, get a lot, or spend a lot, get a little.
Secondly, avoid candlepowerforums at all costs. It will cost you a lot of money.... Those guys take lights seriously.
I just pulled the trigger on a new Zebralight headlamp at 1090 lumens. Should be here Monday. While ordering batteries (18650 Panasonic protected cell) from Amazon, I decided to grab a cheap hand-held that takes the same batteries. I figured that it would be better to have a back-up when needed, and I was tired of the mag-light and D cells. I bought an $8 Ultrafire Cree and and holy crap!!! These things are not just bright, they are scary bright!! Small, mid-weight, and I have had it running on high for 2 hours now and still hasn't died. Trying to see how long it will last on a single 18650.
Highly advise not just grabbing the home-store special and taking a few minutes to get good lights.  Nice to have all lights take the same, rechargable batteries.  No more D cells, or AAs for me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse