The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Sunday August 17, 2014 at 11:16
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
On August 17, 2014 at 10:14, highfigh said...
It sounds like you think $1000 isn't a lot of money. In a large system, it's not, but when someone's budget doesn't allow top of the line ANYTHING, it is. Keep in mind that the remote doesn't make the system look or sound better. Also, it's a prime example something for which the value needs to be demonstrated and a lot of people just aren't going to spend $1000 for a remote, programmed, or not. Then, if they don't have an iPad, it boosts the price to a minimum of $1500, just to control their system. Even at $775, it's not something that a typical Harmony user will want. For a simple system Harmony fits the bill, even though people in the business typically hate them. like it, or not, they work and when someone is contacted for odds and ends work, it's not a bad choice.

As I stated earlier, I used $1000 because that was the dollar amount mentioned. That being said, I have only sold two of the .r remotes. We sell the .z regularly for smal systems at $1,500 then it crestron. That is it, we would never tangle with harmony as we have no desire or need to.
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse