The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Sunday August 17, 2014 at 10:35
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On August 16, 2014 at 16:30, Mac Burks (39) said...
When was the last time you tried it? I have zero experience with anything Harmony related other than the Harmony Ultimate system. The wizard was super simple and i had a working remote in under a half hour from the first time i opened the software. Then i was able to copy that remote to 9 other rooms and make minor adjustments based on what room had a blu-ray or apple tv.

When i say that Harmony is good for "simple systems". The project i used them on had a TV/AVR/Cable Box/Blu-ray (and 1 room had an AppleTV) in every room. AVR did video switching. I don't think i would try to use it for anything beyond a single room because customizing the macros isn't super flexible. You can add and rearrange new commands but you cant touch their auto-generated programming...even to put in a delay...unless i just couldn't figure out how to do it.

It's been probably close to a couple years since the last one I did. It was a very simple system. DVD, DTV, Samsung LCD, and a pioneer HTiB. There might have been a VCR too. The Pioneer didn't do video switching so the TV had to switch inputs. I remember that I had trouble getting pioneer to switch. Maybe harmony didn't have the exact model and the closest one they had, the inputs weren't labeled the same. I don't remember now exactly what the problem was. But I do remember that the way their cloud based software worked, to test the remote, Uploading, testing, and adjusting was a slow process.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse