The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday August 16, 2014 at 16:23
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 16, 2014 at 00:15, edizzle said...
$1,000 will get you a professionally programmed pro-control .r series handheld and processor and iPad app. It outperforms the harmony in every aspect.

that is programming the shit out of it. if you left it auto programmed with comparable programming to logitech, you could get this for $775

At $775 you are still much more than the sub $300 price tag of Harmony Ultimate. Remote/base station/IR blasters. iPad app is free.

And when the blu-ray player model changes...how much to update the harmony system vs the pro-control system?

Again i am not arguing about which is better. I know that the harmony isn't better. I'm arguing that some guy with a $75-100k household income (there are a lot more of them than there are of homes making north of $150k), mortgage and new baby etc isn't going to have the $775 for a professionally programmed remote. Or the $75-300 return trip reprogramming money for when the models change in a couple of years. But...he might be able to squirrel away $279 (what amazon sells the harmony for) for the Harmony Ultimate.

I don't think a Harmony Ultimate for a DIY type is evidence of the race to the bottom. I think its more like when a young guy buys an entry level mustang because he cant afford a Ferrari. I think the Harmony Ultimate remote/system is a good choice for DIY types or lower income households...unlike a monoprice HDMI switch (for example).
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse