Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 15, 2014 at 15:54
msmoran
Long Time Member
April 2004
Good afternoon to all.

Issue:
I have a MX600 remote control with a "wigged out" touch panel. My best interpretation is that the actual touch panel module has failed as far as the "touch" capabilities are concerned. the loaded file does appear and looks normal but pressing any of the virtual buttons:

A: Also fires one of the lower hard buttons
B: Gives flaky and unexpected results.

Moreover, it is impossible to reset the panel to the factory default as the panel doesn't respond. Now to the meat of the issue. t

The panel is out of warranty. URC will be happy to sell me a new remote for multiple hundreds of dollars but will not provide any manner of repair for same.

Sooooo, does anyone out there in the blog-o-sphere have a potential remedy for repairing this remote...new TP Module replacement, etc. (I'm certain the modules are standard and they don't cost $500+ dollars). Secondly, it is worth noting that this rather cavalier attitude about product support or lack thereof is more than a bit repugnant. For me, this is the 3rd such incident involving remotes that required repair but repair RMA's were declined by URC. Very poor customer relations in my mind.

Thanks,

Mike Moran
Sound Plus Wood, Inc.
Boca Raton, FL

Hosting Services by ipHouse